Saturday, May 13, 2006

Mother's Day is Tomorrow (I don't give you grief for your titles)

I cannot say that I have enjoyed school this past week. I have been forced to redo that gender roles research that I found very frustrating and I had a breakdown in the middle of English because of it. I also have to read this book called Broken Ground, which is about these soldiers from World War One who are put in this really bad piece of land and try to live as farmers. I don’t like it that much, so it’s probably good I need to finish it in the next two weeks.
In the mean time I’m trying to keep my spirits up. I just made a trip to the public library were I picked up The Essential Ellison(which is a bunch of short stories by a guy called Harlan Ellison, I’m not very familiar with his work) and some stuff by Michael Moorcock, who I fell I should read more of. I also got a whole wack of CDS, including the one for the musical Spamalot, based on Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
That’s all that has really happened to me, except my EA let me borrow her Tarot Cards. They are the Rider-Waite deck. I like tarot cards mainly because they were in a bit of The Gunslinger (Book 1 in The Dark Tower series) and they play a prominent role in Alan Moore’s Promethea, which is one of his best works. If anyone has a chance to read this do it. It is a great series and the artwork is fantastic.
Okay, that’s all.

4 comments:

Steph said...

Haha, I like the title. Also, do you like Michael Moorcock? I have some stuff of his...The Elric Saga?...that might be it, or something like that. I haven't read it yet though. Also, I HIGHLY recommend Charles De Lint's short stories. They're sci-fi/fantasy/magical realism. Moonlight & Vines is a good collection to start with. *winks*

And hang in there with school. You'll be okay. :)

Dylan said...

I've only read a bit about Jerry Cornelius. Thanks for the suggesion.

Steph said...

Who's Jerry Cornelius?

Dylan said...

Some spy person. I don't get it myself. He's an aspect of the Eternal Champion.