Wednesday, February 08, 2006

A Hard Day's Night (At least if it was night)

I am whopped. I mean it, I feel exhausted. My feet hurt. There is my physical condition out of the way, lets talk about how my day went.
I’m working on a comic book about my imaginary friend, Ralph. He is featured in a sword and sorcery universe. Since Ralph is a giant mouse-like creature, this may sound like a rip-off of Cerebus. I plan on differentiating on Cerebus by leaning more to the left of the political spectrum and not writing anything misogynist, which I am not. I do not plan on actually publishing these comics, but I will see if I can get a few posts up. It will parody sword and sorcery, the Bush administration, Dave Sim’s Cerebus, Frank Herbert’s Dune, Forgotten Realms and any thing else I can think of.
In Art, I am in a statue building contest. The due date was Feb 20, but apparently I got wasted with some friends and lost three or four days and know it’s due on Feb 17. Damn my Bohemian Artist-in-Paris lifestyle. Damn it I say. (I wasn’t really wasted, it’s just that in artist competitions stuff like this comes up).
We are reading Frankenstein in English. It is a good book so far. I would have liked to live in the time-period it was written in on some level. I wouldn’t want to live in Continental Europe at that time because people wouldn’t be able to understand my autism and all my favorite writers weren’t born at that time, but I would have loved to stay at Lake Geneva with Lord Byron and Mary Shelley and meet these people. Odds are, what with people nor understanding my autism in that period, I probably would have ended up among these people, and later die of opium overdose and complications in tuberculosis or syphilis or something.
That’s all. Later folks.

1 comment:

Dylan said...

why didn't a bring you were, you mad woman?