Sunday, November 04, 2007

Six more days till my birthday

I have made a great discovery today. I know now what being embarrassed is like. Embarrassing is when your mother takes you underwear shopping. Now I know what my sister Delila feels every time I'm with her. After my dad explained this to me I commented on the heads on sticks, since I thought that was cool.
I'm starting to wonder if my inability to understand embarrassment will be a hindrance when I start dating. What am I saying, it probably will and I'm not just saying that because my dad is looking over my shoulder while I write this. (Hi Dad!). Hm, that may be what clinks it. Maybe my romantic delusions will be of some help after all. Huzzah.
And I'm writing this because I was watching Fight Club, which puts me in a Loncrow state of mind I guess and not the kind where I get exhausted after he comes over. I guess Tyler Durden(Brad Pitt's character) is just the kind of guy I see Loncrow as turning into at some point, or someone like Tyler. I'm not sure how Loncrow would take that.
I'm starting to wonder if I'll ever see Loncrow again. I don't have his contact and I haven't chatted with him on MSN for quite awhile. Maybe I could e-mail him or something, see if he can come over. I hope he hasn't lost my copy of Invisibles, Vol 2.
Okay, my birthday is on the 10th, and I need to get my list done so my folks have an idea of what to get me. So here it is people, Writer's birthday list.
  • Oriental Adventures, 3.5 version preferably.
  • Move Under Ground, by Nick Mamatas
  • The First Third, by Neal Cassady
  • Neal Cassady: Collected Letters 1944-1967, by Neal Cassady
  • A new Ipod with a higher song storage. My current Mp3 holds up to 300 songs
  • Donnie Darko, director's cut
  • Any of Neil Gaiman's Sandman books, except for Books 1 (Preludes and Nocturnes),3 (Dream Country) and 6 (Fables and Reflections) as I've already read those. Book Two would be preferable

And that's all I can think up. That's all. Thanks for reading. Be seeing you.

No comments: