Saturday, June 23, 2007

I'M OUT!!!

Yeah! I'm out of school. Summer is here and I don't have to go to School, I can goof of all day. Huzzah!
So yeah, I'm out of school. Now I have to figure out what I'm going to do with all this free time. I figure I could try blogging more. I've been thinking about making a post on every 5th, 7th, 19th and 23rd day of the month because they are my special numbers. Mom says I should try doing a blog post every 23 hours. I don't know if I can work that but it would stave of boredom.
And there is the novel. I plan on working really hard on my novel so I can get it done by the end of summer. I figure I can get at least three chapters of it done this week. That and I'm going to get started on the 1960's stories.
On the subject of the number 23, I'm working a thing in where the number 23 plays a role in each of the characters lives in some way. Here's what I've got so far.
  • David Howl only sold 23 copies of his first novel.
  • Jack Blackwright wakes up in the Soho district of London with a 23 year memory gap.
  • Oothoon was 23 years old when she left the Brides of Yazan.
Okay, that's all I've got so far. I also have the idea that some of the characters were born on the 23th of something.
I've also been wondering what else I should actually do. There are a lot of things I want to work in to this series. Here, I'll make a list.
  1. My Main Pantheon, this is going in as it is way to important to the plot
  2. Historic Feel of Haight-Ashbury in the 1960's, I'm probably going to have to find people for this or at least read a whole lot of books
  3. A Cast similar to that on Lost, Basically, a bunch of people from all walks of life who are drawn together by a similar force and end up creating a sort of tribe.
  4. Historical Figures, I want to work real people into the story line. So far all I got is that The Grateful Dead, Janis Joplin and the Jefferson Airplane are going to appear, a possible Beatles cameo, and Charles Manson seems to be turning into an antagonist. I'm also thinking Ken Kesey might turn out to be a major character. Oh, and the Black Panthers come in here somewhere.
  5. Fictional Characters, I've been thinking about working fictional characters into the universe. I already have an idea that Cthulhu, or at least something like Cthulhu, turns up. Actually, Steph knows that Cthulhu comes up. I also see Jerry Cornelius appearing somewhere in the story, mainly around the London stories. The problem is I don't know if Michael Moorcock would allow me to use Jerry Cornelius in a story. If not I'm probably going to have to come up with some alternate version, which would also be fun. Maybe I should do that instead. Forget I wrote this down.
  6. Metafiction, I've been really into this ever since I read Animal Man. There's an entire list of things and I would like to work as many of them in as possible.
  7. Some kind of important link to Mythania, Somehow the characters should be aware of Mythania, even if most of them never go there. I'm thinking that two of the characters end up discovering they share the same fantasy world and end up writing a novel, which could also work into the Metafiction element, making it a story-within-a-story.
Okay, that's all I can think off. So, time is running out on this computer,so I'm going to sign out now.

No comments: