Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Used Bookstores have got more soul

Music: The Rolling Stones
Well, I got English homework.
I probubly shouldn't complain about it, but I hate homework. I really do. Who dosn't hate homework. Let's see, I have to type up a bit on how the witches in Macbeth create a supernatural tension, which shouldn't be to hard and I have to do a write up on the first three chapters of Broken Ground. Mainly stuff about the characters. This all has to get in by tomorrow.
And I of course am at the library typing away.
There's something about the witches that facinates me. I think it may be that I have this picture of them in my head. There's this scene where Banquo or someone gives this description of the witches and they all got beards and a sort of fish like apperance. It's really facinating. There's also this Hecate chick who's their god or something, but she only appears in two scenes and there is a brief refrence to her in the dagger soliloquy. Other then that we don't learn much else about her. Shakesphere may be considered a creative genius, but I find that his stories have some minor flaws.
I've been walking around the library in a sort of zen state and I got the idea of writing something based on Macbeth. It would be grounded in my Mythos, but would deal around a similar plot to Macbeth. I've seen stuff like this before, so I could probubly get away with it. I'm not saying this is going to be my Magnum Opus (or Magnificent Orifice ,Blackadder's Third, Episode 2. Ink and Incapability), but it may work for some interesting reading. I'd appreciate feedback.
Well, yesterday was the really important one. I went over to London (London, Ontario) to go to this thing to help Aspies get jobs. My mom came with me, because I'm not old enough to get important documents on myself sighned without a parent or guardian present. The person there was really nice and asked me a bunch of questions on what I see myself doing and my medical condition and I was really calm about it. (There's' this guy beside me playing some game about exploding cows. I don't like it since I find it crude).
But the best part was I got to go to this nifty used book store, where I got the first three books in the Elric Saga by Micheal Moorcock (Finally) and some books on how to speak Klingon. The book store was very good and I hope to go back soon.
We also went to Chapters to please my little sister Sprite, who came along because we didn't have anywhere else to put her. I got a Dungeons and Dragons magazine and a book on Romatic Poets. I'm really into Romantic Poets for some reason. I have a book of poems by Lord Byron out from the public library.
Plans for another Dungeons and Dragons game with Rowiin are going underway. We don't have a specific date, but I will get the information tomorrow.
Also, I noticed that there is a play based on H.G. Welles The Invisible Man somewhere. I should check it out and see if I can talk my mom and me to go.
Well, that about wraps things up.

1 comment:

Steph said...

I think the Macbeth idea is a good one, and I'd love to read it if/when you write it. Macbeth, Hamlet, and A Midsummer Night's Dream are my favourite Shakespeare plays. Granted, the only other two I've read were Romeo and Juliet and Julius Caesar. The "tragic" love story just struck me as amusing (come on, who kills themself without checking for a pulse???) and Julius Caeser freakin died in Act 3, Scene 1 of the play titled after him, so I ask you, why in the world would there be more acts if your main character dies? That's just silly... Maybe it just should have been titled "Et tu, Brute?" That woulda been cool.

Anyways, I've babbled enough. Bye for now. :)