Monday, June 19, 2006

Fathers Day, Dungeons and Dragons and a look at my multiverse.

I hate heat, I really do. I hate being hot and sweaty and I hate being in rooms that make me hot and sweaty. That is one of the reasons I didn't have much fun today at school. The other being I went to an assembly and I HATE going to assemblies, they leave me with a bad mood and silent anger that lurks in the back of my soul like some ancient Lovecraftian thing. Also, I don't enjoy school. Oh, and I lost my Mp3 player somewhere. Damn.
Anyway, This weekend Rowiin was able to come over and play some Dungeons and Dragons. Nothing important happened except that Rowiin the Drow and Kulder were able to prove their innocents and our heros took down the leader of an orc clan, making Kulder the leader. I am officially not playing as Kulder anymore, since his Lawful Good alighnment is going against the Chaotic Good alighment majority. That's the annoying thing about Paladins. They can only hang out with Lawful Good characters, unless your using varient rules from Unearthed Arcana of course but were not going there. I plan on bringing Nai'Atha Farwalker back into play, since he's of a Chaotic Good alighment.
Also, it was father's day. My father was given new man tools (i.e. BQ equipment) and on Sunday we went to his parents house for a swim. I was really worn out after the swimming. I also had some good coffee cake.
Well, in the world of my Mythos I have come up with a naming system inspired from some Jet Lee movie(or Bruce Lee, I was just watching it because nothing else was on) called "The One". The basic plot is that there's this multiverse and a bunch of people who inforce the law on it, and there's this one guy (Jet Lee) who kills the alternate versions of himself in the universe because it make's him stronger and faster and stuff. I really didn't care for it that much, but the naming system for the various universes was pretty cool, Anubis Universe, Hades Universe. Those are all I can remember. Anyway, I'm agusting it to alternate Earths. This is a sample of what I got so far.

Avalon Earth
Most developed Technology:
Pre-Industrial
Magic:
High content
Dominant Religions: Christianity, Paganism (Celtic Pantheon)
Africa and Middle East: Politics based around this area, mainly in Northern Africa. This is because Rome south to Africa in this universe. The dominant religion is Christianity, which is spread into two branches. Alexandrian Catholisism (The Roman Catholic Church moved to Alexandria) and a form of Protestantism. Islam didn't develop in this universe and if you ask who the Prophet Muhammad was your likely to get a confused answer. The dominant nation is Ethiopia, which controls most of the world, but is slowly giving way to the colonies in North and South America.
Europe: Overlaps with the Realm of Faerie, protecting it from Etheopia. Europe is ruled by the Celtic Gods who have maintained a hold here based in Ireland and Britain. The human natives are largely celts (most of the Germanic tribes moved to the middle east and africa. The closets thing to Germany is somewhere in Turkey). This is also the location of the Holy Grail. Areas such as Italy, Spain and Southern France which are not under Tuatha De'Danann rule were open to African and Middle-Eastern Invasions and ironically for us, lead to slavery of many Europeans, who were looked at as savage. They are still looked at by the dominant African government as barbaric, but not when they are in the presence of the Tuatha De' Danann.
North and South America: Colonies of Persia and Etheopia. America is still looked upon as a frontier. Europeans are kept as slaves. There are several break away republics.

Elysium Earth
Technology:
Highly advanced medical treatment. Hydrogen cars. Very futuristic.
Magic Level: Not very prominent
This is basically and Earth where everything is just peachy. There's no war or disease, nobody's poor, nobody bugs you about your race or religion or anything and the Beatles are still together. It basically changed from our own during WW1, when the British and German soldiers desided that enough was enough and stopped shotting at each other. This set of a chain reaction that would lead to peace suddenly breaking out across the world and the Founding of the Human Foundation, which ran most of Europe and America. During the thirties many racial and religious barriers were brought down. (Mahatma Gandhi was almost elected Chairman of the Human Foundation, but he decliened). The Beatles still managed to get together somehow, wrote more or less all the same songs and are still making albums which are sold through out the Multiverse by the Guild. The Human Foundation is based in London, England.

That's basically it, except for the Naos Earth (my Saga of Man Future-History) and Jehovah Earth (my urban fantasy universe). There is also a Lovecraft Earth (In which the writtings of H.P. Lovecraft are a reality), but it plays an over all minor role in my Mythos.
Since I got time to fiddle around on the library computer some more. I'll come up with some other ideas.
  • A universe where a Jewish scientist (not Albert Einstein, but similar) became Leader of Israel, and turned it into a technological utopia. (possoble names, Hephesteus Earth)
  • A universe where everything sucks to contrast Elysium Earth. Whole planet's pretty much a desert.
Can't think of anything else. That's it. Any questions.

No comments: