Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Captain, The bridge is officially burned

I don't know where I heard the phrase "we'll burn that bridge when we come to it," but I have officially burned the bridge that is Grade 11. I finished my art exam awhile back and that makes me happy. Incidently, Courbet painted The Stone-Breakers, not Winslow Homer. I hate Realism.
Of course, know I have two whole months of summer and nothing to do. I've got a few ideas on what to do. For one thing I picked up a few movies at the Library to watch. I also have got alot of books to read. Let's see if I can finish That Hideous Strength this summer, as well as all the short stories in the Sherlock Holmes book. Hm, combined with the four novels I have on the go, I could probubly finish that in a month, including the time I've got know. Also, I have some friends to play Dungeons and Dragons with. Oh, and me and my mom are going to pick up some painting materials so I can do some painting. I enjoy the medium of painting. That and I'm writing a novel.
What I'd like to do is start a magazine. I don't know why, but it sounds like a great idea to me. If I can find enough people who will want to get into it I think I may be able to pull it off. Still, this is just an idea and I don't know if I'll go through with it.
Anyway, I feel like talking about stuff I'm going to paint. I really liked how the self-portrait I did in the psychedelic format turned out, so I'm going to do some stuff in that style. Not self-portraits mind you, but just people. I've got something like that for Alan Moore that I'd like to work on. I also plan on doing a portrait of Ralph, which I would hang over my fire place if I had one. I'm also thinking about doing pictures of scenes from books. There are alot of pictures I'd like to do. Here's a list. I like list.
  • A picture of Roland at the beginning of The Dark Tower series, just so I can get a picture of Roland in my head (The Dark Tower Series, by Stephen King)
  • Picture of Walter O'Dim reading Roland's fortune via Tarot Cards (The Dark Tower Series, by Stephen King)
  • Detta Walker (The Dark Tower Series, by Stephen King)
  • A picture of Elric at the beginning of Elric of Melnibone (Elric Saga, by Michael Moorcock)
  • Elric and Yrykoon fighting with Stormbringer and Mournblade (Elric Saga, by Michael Moorcock)
  • Individual pictures of The Pilgrims on a white background (Hyperion, by Dan Simmons)
  • Dread learning out of an Ally, looking very frightning and predator look (Otherland, by Tad Williams)
  • Kunohara with a giant butterfly (Otherland, by Tad Williams)
That's a list of what I want to do. The picture of Roland is a definete must for me, as is Dread. I hope that I can get copies on here for you guys.

2 comments:

Steph said...

Hey congrats on finsihing 11th grade. :) And those pics sounds like cool ideas. I hope I can see them when you do them.

Dylan said...

Thanks Steph.