Wednesday, November 09, 2005

ONE MORE DAY, ONE MORE DAY, ONE MORE DAY (happy noice)

I’m really excited about my upcoming birthday, mainly because of the presents. Yes, I know that is greedy but that’s how I am when Christmas or my birthday comes around. I’m just excited about getting gifts.
Or money to get gifts with. My father’s parents came over last night. We had a really good meal with pork and mashed potatoes and corn and gravy. Just like Thanksgiving or Christmas. I love dinner on Thanksgiving and Christmas because we crack out the turkey and my personal favourite, stuffing. We didn’t have stuffing but it was still good. I also got a funny greeting card that had Snoopy and Woodstock in front of a computer that said "We would have gotten you an e-mail but we didn’t know were to put the stamp." For a gift I got a 50 dollar bill because it’s harder and harder to find a gift for me.
Okay, hmm. What else is happening. I’ve had to deal with human stupidity for most of the day. People have just been getting on my nerves. We were listening to the radio in Math class and a U2 song came up, Sunday Bloody Sunday, and I said "That’s a U2 song," because I do that. Then this guy said that it was Green Day. I don’t have anything against Green Day myself. I love their newest album American Idiot, but I knew that it was U2, and I told him that he was wrong and the band was U2. He continued to insist that it was Green Day, despite the fact that it didn’t sound like Green Day in anyway. Well, the proverbial straw broke the camel’s back and I insulted humanity’s intelligence level. I know that humans are not really as stupid as I usually say they are, but they can be down right frustrating. Was it not Doctor Who who said "A blue box appears in the middle of town and what do humans do? They ignore it." Or something like that.
Anyway, it’s good to finally be home. Plan on relaxing for the rest of the day. At least once I’m done my math homework.

4 comments:

Goldie said...

In case I won't get here tomorrow - Happy birthday!!

My kids get cash for presents too, these days.

Couldn't you & the other guy have looked the song up on the Internet? I went and googled "Sunday Bloody Sunday" and U2 was the first word that came up.

Anonymous said...

People who argue with you are probably just trying to provoke you. He probably knew it was U2 and wanted to see you snap. Ignore people like that.

Dylan said...

Thank you. Both of you.

To Sam, I sort of aledy knew that.

Steph said...

Happy birthday, a day late! :)