Thursday, August 11, 2005

You know what else bugs me...(a continuation of “You know what really bugs me,”)

I was doing the dishes with my sister Delila, I dry, she washes. I don’t really know how this came up, but she said that she figure I’ll be living with my parents till I’m thirty.
I was offended. She was basically saying that I can’t look after myself. That hurt me, because she makes it sound like she thinks I’m retarded. I know that’s politically incorrect, but that’s what I think she thinks. And this bothers me. I find it very insulting. Sure I haven’t really done anything independent in my life, but for Christ’s sake I’m fifteen!
I’m going to show her. I’m going to go to college (or university, whichever concentrates on the imaginary part of the brain) and I’m going to move to Toronto. Once it was just a dream, but know it’s a must. I’m going to become a great writer, and Delila can rot behind a desk for all I care.
I guess it sounds that I’m angry. I don’t actually feel angry, just insulted, tired and hot. Bye.

3 comments:

Steph said...

I'm sorry you feel insulted. Would another sympathy hug help? Just in case...*sympathy hug*

I haven't read hardly anything that you've written, but I feel totally confident that you're on your way to becoming an excellent writer.

I wouldn't take what your sister said too personally. It doesn't matter what she thinks. It's not about her. It's about you. So you make the decisions.

Dylan said...

Thank you Steph. I needed that

Steph said...

Glad to help. :)