Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Q: Why do we blog, A: For blog's sake

Well, Dad got me the first Baldur’s Gate, which doesn’t have as many characters. It’s fun, but we don’t have a memory card. This means that every time my character dies, I have to start the whole damn game over again. It is very annoying. I’d just like to get past the first level of sewers.
Other then that things are great. I’m reading three books as of yet. First is Exile, which is the second book in the Dark Elf trilogy, chronicling the origins of the drow ranger, Drizzt Do’Urden. I’m not enjoying it as much as the last book, but I think I’ll continue reading the series for reasons as of yet unknown to me.
The second book is Hidden Empire, in a series I have started reading called Saga of the Seven Suns. It’s by Kevin J. Anderson who helped write the Dune prequels with Brian Herbert, Frank Herbert’s son. I think Kevin J. Anderson’s work is influenced by Frank Herbert, the plot seems complex enough with all these characters and the interplay of politics which is what Frank Herbert is known for in the Dune series. Also, it is an incredibly detailed and interesting world.
The third is K-PAX II, On a Beam of Light, it’s part of a ominbus that my sister got me on her trip to England. I’d half to say that the K-PAX series is an interesting set of books from what I understand. But it makes me feel nervous when eating meat. See, prot and other K-PAXians don’t eat meat because all other animals are apparently sentient or something.
Also, I would like to recommend Hyperion by Dan Simmons. It’s a wonderful science fiction novel that I guess you could describe as the Canterbury Tales in a science fiction environment. See, it takes place mainly on this planet called Hyperion, where the people worship this alien killing machine known as the Shrike, and they are getting this last pilgrimage to the Shrike, but no one in this pilgrimage actually follows the Shrike Church, and as a way of survival the people tell each other how they wound up on this pilgrimage. Thru these stories we get an understanding of Hyperion, and the space empire of the Hegemony of Man, as well as the odd circumstances for these people’s pilgrimage. I loved it, I recommend it to everyone.
Well, that’s all. Ta ta.

1 comment:

Dylan said...

For Playstation 2, but we have one now