Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Day Two: Lots of Foot Work

That thing on my shirt says "23 was born in 718." I have no idea what it means. I think it was just a non-sequiter someone put on a t-shirt. Maybe someone can shed some light on it's meaning. The artistic side of my mind says that this will only lead down a rabbit hole of ancient conspiracies akin to a Robert Anton Wilson novel.
Well, it isn't even lunch and I've had a busy day. I scavenged the yard for abandoned items from the Penny Event and came up with a candle (that I can't use but will probably give to my mother. It apparently smells like Angel Food Cake), an old gas lantern and a dirty old water cooler. So now I have a water cooler in my room. I think it will be largely for show however.
I also got most of my books for my classes, except for a book on Kabbalah they didn't have. I'll have to go back for that. I also went to the library were I got quite a bit of poetry and some short fiction of Philip K. Dick. I also checked the OPD to see if I had an appointment and I did have something of an appointment approaching regarding exams.
I believe I am largely done for the day; I can't think of anything else that could occupy my attention that is pressing. I'll probably just get some reading done and wait till Lunch. I would like to get most of the two novels I'm reading now done, though I don't know if I'll need to worry about my school reading getting in the way of my pleasure reading.

2 comments:

AS-4-L said...

It's a reference to Michael Jordan the basketball player. His shirt number is 23 and he was born in Brooklyn, New York. It seems to be the "hip" thing to do in urban America to refer to where you live (or were born) by the telephone area code. The area code for Brooklyn is 718.

So basically your shirt is telling people that Michael Jordan was born in Brooklyn despite the fact that only people who could possibly know what the shirt is saying will already know of this fact. So I guess it is redundant trivia in t-shirt form.

Dylan said...

Oh, thank you for that bit of information there. I was not aware of that.