Wednesday, September 02, 2009

56 Pencils

I don't think I made this wide knowledge on my blog, but I love pencils. I would consider a big box full of fresh unsharpend pencils a great present and logically presume that whoever game me such a gift cared deeply for me and if not a blood relative was probably coming on to me. This is something that my sisters make fun of me for, saying I have a thousand pencils. Well today, because I had nothing else to do I decided to look through my pencil case and figure out how many pencils I have anyways. And the answer is that there are currently 56 pencils in my pencil case. The question has been answered. I also have two pencils hiding somewhere and 48 let to be sharpened pencils. That would make a hundred and six pencils. By then however, most of the pencils featured in the above picture will be to small for usage.
Also, if anyone has any environmentally friendly ideas for what I can do with my discarded pencils that would be excellent.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

From the look of your pencils I would say that you have a greater need for erasers.

I have only hit two people in my life (which I do regret), but one of those was a guy who stole my favorite mechanical-pencil (a 1960's model which had been my grandfather's, whom I never met, I guess I should add that I have five of them). Well, needless to say I did get it back, and over eight countries and twenty years later I still have them all. The only problem these days is finding the lead for them.

I am a missionary living in West Africa, and I have been reading your post for two months now, having started from the beginning. Thanks for keeping them up!