Tuesday, February 20, 2007

They're both idiots

So I was thinking why do we have two parties? In both America and Canada, there are two parties, the left and the right, the Democrats and the Republicans, the Liberals and the Conservatives. Sure, there are a bunch of other parties, but for the most part it's just these two. Why is this? Why don't we have three major parties, or seven major parties? Why just two?
I don't think it's a good idea we have here for only having two parties. From what I've been able to tell from these parties, it's basically choosing the lesser of two evils. Take the last election we had in Canada. There was a whole bunch of stuff about the Liberals being corrupt and how Paul Martin was doing something bad I don't remember, and so know the Conservatives run the country. I find this a problem because I don't agree with Conservative goals, for instance I am pro gay marriage and anti-Bush. It's probably a sign of my times that I automatically equate conservative with fascism. It's probably a mistake on my part. Liberals are just as likely to become fascists, except then there called communists.
So basically, it seems to me that all these parties really do in there advertisements is insult each other. This isn't nice. If that's all they can come up with then we shouldn't vote for either of them. They should be sent into a corner for a time out for insulting each other. What I would like to see is a fight breaking out in Parliament because a member of the Liberal party got his parking space stolen from a member of the Conservative party. Seeing politicians really act like children would be endlessly amusing to me, just so I can point out to everyone how I was right and they are all a bunch of children.
So, how would a bunch more political parties work. Well, maybe it wouldn't, but we need to get more options out. We're basically trapped between a rock and a hard place when it comes to politics. We're practically a step away from the People's Republic of China. I don't think this whole two waring factions thing is going to work out. I don't know what we should do.
You want to know what I want to do? I want to get of the ride. Don't worry, this isn't the suicide talk, I don't want to die. I just don't want to live in a world were I have to put up with a bunch of people who I don't trust trying to control my life. Shit, now I'm all sad. I'm signing off. I'm just voting NDP.

3 comments:

ZZZZZZZ said...

I vote for memebers of the other parties but unfortunately the democrats and republicans are the "popular kids" of the "school"

ZZZZZZZ said...

sorry I haven't been by in a while but I've been sick! Glad that you are up and blogging again from home though. And I'm glad you had a good Valentines with the chocolate! hehe have a nice weekend!

Dylan said...

okay. Thanks for the comments Shelia