Sunday, January 22, 2006

Social Disillusionment and me

For the past few days I have become very disillusioned with society. It may be the election going on her in Canada. There are all these people who are saying to vote for these people and it all makes me angry. Harper going on about the corruption of the Liberals, Martin going on how Harper is going to do away with medicare, Layton going on about how both of these people are bogus. It just seems like their all trying to gain power, there lakes a certain order in this whole thing. I’m not sure what you’d call it.
I think that I have lost any faith I used to have in democracy. Looking at this election it seems that you just have a bunch of people fighting to become Prime Minister. It’s like that the political world is more concerned with gaining power. Also, when you get right down to it, democracy isn’t really freedom. It’s just the illusion of freedom. Think about it, whoever wins this election someone isn’t going to be to pleased.
So basically what I am saying is that I have lost all faith in my society that I ever hade in my being. I brought this up at a dinner my parents brought me to last night. Then the people their said that she thought I was a society drop out since I was nine or something (we went to their cottage once), so basically I have never really been part of the main stream society. Bonus.
Okay, I can’t write on this anymore. I’m going back to reading web comics.

3 comments:

Dan said...

You're right, it is ultimately just a power grab. As long as Harper doesn't win (the last thing anyone needs is a leader who likes Bush), I can't say it really makes any difference to me (although I'm not completely informed of who else is running).

You're also right about democracy, although I bet most people wouldn't be willing to say that. I don't know why but people seem to think that democracy is some great epitome of freedom, but it's obvious when you think about it that it's just a way of forcing everyone to do what the majority wants.

I'd have told the people at the dinner to fuck off. Just because someone too immature to handle the truth can shoot the messenger doesn't mean it's right. In fact, the thought that people that stupid are considered to be full-grown adults in mainstream society is more than proof enough for me that society isn't something I should have any faith in.

Really, if that's "normal" and the way society should be, why should we want to be more like them? Morons like them don't realize that insulting aspies is the BEST way to make sure we don't want to waste our time with them. They might as well join a hate group and say they're going to cure you so you'll be as stupid as they are.

(I, of course, have been completely disillusioned with society for about 14 months running now...)

Dylan said...

Thank you both Willy's Mom and Dan.

The people were I was having dinner with were in fact very polite about it and we didn't talke about politics. I don't know were you got that idea. Anyway, thank you for your support.

Steph said...

I'm inclined to agree with you about democracy, and in keeping with my experiment that starts tomorrow (mentioned a la blog) I've have more stuff that I want to look into regarding that, which if my results prove positive, I'll be talking about later.