Thursday, January 20, 2005

Zen and the Art of Stimming

In my last article I wrote about Asperger's and said something about stimming. Today I will speak of stimming.
Stimming is when my fingers start moving eratically. This is not something I can do whenever I want (I've tried and It's not right when I do it), but something that happens to me when I'm thinking really hard about something I like. This is my theory of stimming.
The Writer and Company Theory of Stimming
When subject Aspie's mind is thinking at an above average level, subject Aspie's brain sends loose mental energy down to his/her fingers. The fingers of subject Aspie start moving in an unpredictable way.
Stimming is also benificial. Sometimes when I'm really stressed I go up to a wall and start stimming. It helps me relax.
Because there is nothing better to do. Here is some alternate events in history.

in 1756 Ara’Do Mahmoud, Djinni immortal and one of the first converts of the Prophet Mohammad leaves his home in Dublin, Ireland to live in the Americas.

in 1841 The First Anglo-Chinese War ends with China defeating the British. The Chinese would continue to push the English back until China controlled almost all of Eurasia. Chian faced civil war during the early 20th century however and where defeated by the People’s Republic of Oceana in 1959.

in 1972 Don McLean’s American Pie hits number one. Naous, who heard it while packing for his move to India liked it so much he wrote a rare parody called Alavallan Sky.

in 1942 Mahatma Gandhi is assassinated by a Hindu extremist group. Mahatma Gandhi started a pacifist movement that inspired individuals to seek a non-violent answer to there cultural problems including Martin Luther King, Nelson Mandela, The Dalia Lama, Shaman Arthur McCarthy and Unit 362.

in 1920 DeForest Kelly, famous television actor was born in Atlanta. Famous for his work the famous Space Trek series as Doctor Leonard McCoy. After Star Trek wrapped up in 1974, DeForest Kelly started working in Films and played Doc in the Back to the Future Trilogy.

in 1946 David Lynch is born in Missoula, MA. David Lynch is most famous for the Dune Trilogy he made with the author of the book, Frank Herbert. The book was filmed in three separate movies and is known as the best interpretation of a book to movie in the world. The success of the movie also shot Sting in to an acting career with such movies as X-men, Jurassic Park and The Matrix Reloaded.

in 1892 The game called basketball was played at a YMCA in Springfield, Massachusetts. The game never really caught on and faded into obscurity.

On Aquarius 1, 1 Vishnu Rose attends his first love-in at Central Park in New York. Vishnu Rose would turn the hippie movement into a full fledged culture that soon became the largest minority group in North America.

No comments: