Sunday, August 31, 2008

Last Day

Well, this is it. I'm going to University.
Today is my last day living at my own home. Next week I will be sleeping in another bed in another city in a building filled with noisy Mennonites. I'm a bit nervous and frustrated because my mom has been getting on my back for getting all my stuff together. She says I can take an entire container full of books with me, so I have gathered some of my favorites and a few books I haven't read to keep me entertained. Most of these books are mystery novels, but I'm also bringing all my Dostoevsky, since I think I should read more of the greats and Dostoevsky is considered great. Also I've been really into short stories recently and have been reading lots of collections. At least more then I usually do.
In other news, I have a new laptop. It has internet access and is smaller then most of my text books. I have transferred my novel to it, which isn't finished as I hoped it would be. I do think I'm pretty close, but unfortunatly I don't think I have the energy to write it as I once did. I'm worried that this was more of a Bush era novel, and with Obama and everything I'm worried the cynicism that gave it birth will dry out. I'm starting to think I should start the Big Novel soon.
So, I suppose I'll inform you all tomorrow how things went at University the first day.

No comments: