Sunday, August 10, 2008

University Angst

It just sort of kicked in today. I'm going to University. That is really scary.
It's not like I'm going back to school, because this is an entirelly new school in almost every concievable way. I'll be living there, I'll have more work and I'll, I'll, I have no frame of refrence for it. The entire thing is making me feel sad and alone.
What if I can't find any friends at University? I'm an odd guy and what if I can't find someone to be a real close friend who I can talk really deep stuff with. Come to think of it I don't think that I have any friends I can talk really deep to at the moment. Well, no I've talked deeply with people, but most of my friends havn't been envolved in that kind of talk. Which is good, sometimes it's okay to talk about non-deep stuff. But I suppose I have this fantasy that when I go to Univesity I will hook up with all kinds of other artsy people and start a scene. We'd watch avaunt garde movies read Surrealist manifestos and stuff like that. Could just be part of my fasination with the Beat Generation but this is generally what people like me do when they go to University right?

2 comments:

ZZZZZZZ said...

Don't be sad! You are never alone! I'm sure you'll make new friends and this will be an experience you won't forget! If you get loney you can always email me and I'll write back!

Dylan said...

Thanks.
Also, I think I forgot your email again.