Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Eraserhead Press

In my internet wanderings, I have come across a genre called bizarro fiction. I'm trying to decide if I could fit into bizarro fiction.
From what I understand, Bizarro fiction is a kind of ultra-weird punkish genre with no taboos. The word scatological is used alot, and I know what that means. Now, I write some pretty weird stuff, but I don't think I write stuff that's scatological. Does this mean I am not a bizarro style writer. I don't know. Everyone says my writing is pretty weird, but I don't know if it would qualify as bizarro fiction.
Anyways, that's not why I'm blogging. I'm blogging because I think I may have found a publisher for my novels. It is Eraserhead Press, which is a publisher of bizzaro fiction. I am thinking that after I'm done University I may try getting published there. According to there website, there market is the weird, anti-mainstream types who like there reading material to be weird and crazy. They are looking for good authors they can grow and nurture and help find a fan base. Because of this, they have few writers and competition is pretty stiff. I think that Eraserhead Press could be a good home for my work, but I'd like to check it out more. I'm probubly going to buy a few books, see how they are and if I like a couple then I'll go through there interview and see what happens.
If you want to help me see if I could fit into bizarro literature, go to Bizarro Central or Eraserhead Press. This only applies to people who have actually read my work.

1 comment:

Red said...

Interesting publisher, bud.

I don't know about your work, but I bookmarked it for possible future endeavours ;)