Sunday, August 24, 2008

One Week To University

Well, it's a week away until I go to University. To actually go to University. It's frightening and exciting and I'm confused. It doesn't help that I just came back from my Church thing were all the people who went to Chicago and that kind of set me off.
On the Chicago thing, a bunch of people at the Church I feel the strongest connection with went to Chicago to help the disenfranchised. I didn't go because it was just after Open Doors and I was pretty out of it at that time. My sister Delila went though. So they were in Chicago and they all went around helping people and they never got to stop or do there own thing. They were fine with that, but I would have freaked. They did get the address of the oldest Black-owned bookstore in Chicago, which I thought was kind of cool. I don't have the address on me, but if I find out and I'm in Chicago it's probubly on my list of places to go.
Alright, back to University. I've been feeling a growing and unamable dread about University that I don't really understand. Everyone is telling me that this is all part of going to University, but I'm still pretty nervous about it. I really wish that I just get it over with and move in. It's freaking me out.
On the subject of this, I will be getting a new laptop with internet access, so I'll be blogging to you from my single room at Conrad Grebel University College in beautiful Waterloo. Yes, you will all know my location. So that means that all you crazy freaks out there with unhealthy fixations will be able to watch me from across the street with binoculars. And to help in your unhealthy fixations, the twenty-third one of you who hands themselves into the police for being a freak will be able to get one of my used t-shirts, personally sighned by me. Yes, it's true. Remember to bring enough proof that you've been tracking me, or else you won't get it.
Well, I'll hopefully be updating you on events. Tuesday I go to the Dons and explain how they can help me with my autism, and explain to them why I kissed there ring fingers. Have a nice night people.

3 comments:

Steph said...

That anxiety will probably stay with you until you're there and settled it. At least it did whenever I went to uni. But look, I'm still alive and kicking so it wasn't all that bad. :P

Good luck.

Dylan said...

Thanks for the support Steph.

Anonymous said...

Dylan
Things will be fine, a little hard at the beginning but you will settle in just fine. Just like the step to highschool was tough in the beginning but you adapted and conquered it. You will do fine. All the best. Ms Lingard