Monday, June 23, 2008

Tagging is for suckas

Well, Steph tagged me for some seven songs thing that I don't see the point off, but I'm going to do it anyways because summer is usually pretty boring for me. Here's the basic jist.
List seven songs you are into right now. No matter what the genre, whether they have words, or even if they’re not any good, but they must be songs you’re really enjoying now, shaping your spring summer. Post these instructions in your blog along with your seven songs. Then tag seven other people to see what they’re listening to.
Right, here goes.
  • Walk on the Wild Side, by Lou Reed. Hopefully this won't affect my summer in any odvious way since the song is about kinky sex, transvetitism, use of hard drugs and gay prostitution. Still it's an excellent song.
  • The Velvet Underground & Nico, by The Velvet Underground & Nico. Okay, this is an album, but it is a damn cool album and it sounds best when you lisean to it as a total album.
  • Blonde on Blonde, by Bob Dylan, again an Album. I'd half to say my favorite tracks on this one are "Stuck inside a Mobile with the Memphis Blues Again," and "Aboslutely Sweet Marie." I've been puzzling over the line "But to live outside the law you must be honest," in the Sweet Marie for awhile trying to figure out what Dylan's suppose to mean by that.
  • Look up the Sky, by The Pebbles, Japanese garage band I got on a compliation album of Itunes. This song makes me think of summer.
  • Hotel Calfornia(Spanish Mix), by the Gipsy Kings. THE JESUUUUS!
  • Highway 61 Revisited, by Bob Dylan. Again an album! Do I have any respect for the sanctity of tagging? No! Excellent album. Perfect from start to finish.
  • Mother Mary, by the Foxboro Hot Tubs. Catchy song that will be on the soundtrack to my novel.

I will now tag George W. Bush, Quentin Tarantino, Charles Manson, George Eliot, His Imperial Majesty the Emperor Akihito of Japan, Michael J. Anderson and Alejandro Jodorowsky. Can't wait to see what they come up with.

4 comments:

Steph said...

Hey, at least I gave you something to do!

Dylan said...

Yes, thank you for that.
So, among the various people I have tagged, who do you want to here the most?

Steph said...

Quentin Tarantino

I'd love to get a glimpse into what goes on inside that head of his.

Dylan said...

I heard he has a foot fetish somewhere. Can't remember where.
I'd like to see Alejandro Jodorowsky liseans to, and Michael J. Anderson as well because he's one of my favorite actors.