Friday, June 20, 2008

The Hippie Stories

As many of you may or may not know, I plan on writing a major series of books taking place in the 1960's. So far this is taking the form of one really big novel that's at least 1000 pages, or a series of four major novels. I think that the later is what I'll do because, A) It's less work and B) I don't want this to get to conveluted which four novels would lead too. This does not include the Jack Blackwright Stories, though both the Jack Blackwright books and the Hippie Novel will share characters. The Hippie novel could also be called a Jack Blackwright book, but Jack isn't going to be the main focus of this.
I've been wanting to write something about the Hippies for awhile now. There is something really mythic about them to my generation, and love it or hate it, the sixties had several major events in Western history. I was never a part of this generation, but I lisean to alot of the music from that time. Comparitivly, I'm really big on Beat Generation literature which was also an influence on the hippies, no matter how much Kerouac thought they where communists.
Lost my train of thought there, oh well. I don't want to give to much away. I should be consentrating on the Last Dance Revolution anyways.

No comments: