Monday, May 05, 2008

Detective Fiction

The first Jack Blackwright story has been written. It's called "Godot is Dead" and is about the murder of an actor playing Godot in a sequel to Samuel Beckett's Waiting for Godot. It was based on an idea to write an existential murder mystery. Steph read it and it didn't make much sense to her. I think I came of as writing an absurdist murder mystery, which may just be most stories about Jack Blackwright. I'm also working on the first novel or novella.
I'm becoming more and more interested in the mystery genre. I've been reading various Sherlock Holmes stories, as well as picking up an anthology about detective duos. I read the one story about Nero Wolfe, whome I had only known as Sherlock Holmes and Irene Adler's love-child in the Wold Newton Family. I am pretty sure that Nero Wolfe has Aspergers Syndrome. Because of this, I plan on making a closer look into detective fiction. I'm probubly going to make the two main novels in the Sixties Series based around Mysteries. I know the Summer of Love novel has a court case of somekind. Also, murder play a heavy role in the second novel.
Anyways, just thought I'd update you on where my writing is going.

No comments: