Tuesday, May 06, 2008

The Long Road to University

Well, it's official, I am no longer taking the Internet Course.
It turns out that I don't have to take this course to get out of school, which was the only thing that was keeping me in it (and the chance to read 20'000 Leauges Under the Sea). However, the course was getting a bit annoying. The teacher was odviously swamped with paperwork so I could barely get my projects back, which I was behind on as it was. Also, the last project was going to take alot of work. I'd have to make a power point project on the literary history of a country or ethnic group, giving 4-6 examples of a major literary movement within them, 4-6 major authors from the chosen country/region/group, explain the style of the various movements, how they affected world literature and explain why I choose these praticular writers. It would have taken me way more time then I had. I have a copy printed of to do in my spare time.
It's at this time when I have quit my Internet Course that I would like to make a confession. I never completed the Mill on the Floss. There I said it and now there is nothing anyone can make me do about it. Ha ha. The book made me to angry, because it showed very cruel treatment to women. Towards the middle of the book I couldn't go two pages without completely going berserk. I'll write another post about it sometime, but not know.
And on the thing to University, we are not completely ruling out Conrad Grebel. You may remember it as the place where the lady didn't seem prepared to take me because of my Aspergers Syndrome. Well it turns out that they're still interested and may give me a single room. They could probubly help, but I need to figure out somekind of way for me to be of some use to there carefully planned society. So far all I've got is that I will give my various dorm-mates experience with autistic people, which is good since the population of autistic folks is growing. Anyways, I'm meeting with a friend later today who will help me put a spin on the interview.
And that's all I've got now.

No comments: