Sunday, May 25, 2008

Introducing the World's Most Incompatent Terrorists

For awhile I've had these two characters I've been calling Achmed and Sharpy. bouncing around in my head. I know there cousins and where born in Palestine. I know they work or worked with Hamas at one point. I also know they are just about the last people you'd expect to be terrorists. They're well educated, probably going to some European university to get Arts degrees, dream of driving down Route 66 and tend to avoid situations that will get them killed. They are pretty much, middle-eastern hipsters who have been shanghaied into religious fundamentalism, with slapstick results, or tragicomic.
I'm not really sure what to do with these guys, or even if I should keep calling them Achmed and Sharpy. I was going to change Sharpy's name to the Arabic word for sharp, but when I tried to find it the writing was in, surprise, Arabic. Of course, there from Palestine and I don't even know what they speak in Palestine. I just checked Wikipedia, Palestinians speak Arabic.
I've just changed there names to Hakim and Shadi. I may even most something about them on my blog for you guys.

3 comments:

Steph said...

I think I like Achmed and Sharpy better as names. They sound more satirical, at least.

Dylan said...

I suppose, I suppose what I'm going to do with them is the problem. If I'm doing something serious with them then it's Hakim and Shadi, but I might stay with Achmed and Sharpy. I don't even know where I'm going to work them in.

Steph said...

Well, good luck, in any event. ^^