Wednesday, January 09, 2008

This was supposed to be put on Jan 4, 2007 "New Computer Toy"

Well, I've finally found a program for making a family tree. I can't remember the name, but I can now trace the Blackwrights to the Victorian period, and I'm working on the Kinsley's, who run a pub the Blackwright's own and is world famous within the context of my mythos. The annoying thing is that I have it concentrated on one person.
I'm probably going to start on the Wold Newton Family after that. For those of you who don't know, the Wold Newton Family started when a meteor landed near the English village of Wold Newton. What most people don't know is that various people present present at Wold Newton where genetically affected, leading to such descendants as Sherlock Holmes, Tarzan, Doc Savage, Fu Manchu, James Bond, Philip Marlowe, Arsene Lupin and various other fictional characters. I found all this vary interesting, so I plan on using the family tree thing to make a comprehensive family tree that I will add characters I believe should be present. Here's a list of characters I believe should be in there somewhere.
  • Jeffrey "The Dude" Lebowski (The Big Lebowski)
  • Dean Moriarty and Sal Paradise (On the Road)
  • Sissy Hankshaw (Even Cowgirls Get the Blues)
  • Jerry Cornelius and Co. (The Final Programme, A Cure for Cancer, The English Assassin, The Condition of Muzak)
  • John Constantine
  • The two guys from Easy Rider
  • Pretty much everyone in Deadly Viper Assasination Squad (Kill Bill Vol 1&2), and most of the caste of Pulp Fiction.
Hm, now I'm bored with the entire concept. Funny that, might go along with adding these guys. Jerry Cornelius should be a bit of a problem, but I'm working him into the family tree I've got going now, so that shouldn't be to much of a problem. I'm thinking about working Dean Moriarty in as a descendent of Professer Moriarty, but I don't see how that could work as apparently he left no desendents with that name. I might just use different ones from other Kerouac books or something like that.
Well, that's it. Be seeing you.

No comments: