Thursday, September 20, 2007

Screwed-up Japanese Movie

The good news is I am not completely desensitized to violence! The bad news is I'm going to have nightmares about Japanese school kids brutally murdering themselves for months.
I was going to Art class ahead of time, which meant that the cartoon and comic club would be there. Usually they watch harmless stuff which I can handle, such as Popeye or the Animatrix, but today they where watching Battle Royale, which is about a bunch of Japanese School kids who are forced to fight each other to death on an island until only one survives. It is very brutal and there are a bunch of kids who die in very painful ways. I didn't enjoy it and after they turned it off I had to ask for some hugs and I'm still all wound up about it.
On a lighter note I was worried that I was becoming desensitized to media violence. So I suppose seeing this movie wasn't all bad.

3 comments:

Steph said...

I just noticed you removed the music thing. How come?

Dylan said...

It got annoying. Do you want it back?

Steph said...

No, it annoyed me too actually. I was just wondering...