Friday, September 28, 2007

On Alejandro Jodorowsky

First of all, I can never remember this guys name. I had to copy it down from Wikipedia. I really should because he may just be one of the most important people alive today.
Why does Alejandro Jodorowsky deserve such praise you ask? Why does he matter? What does he do? Well, he makes movies. I've only seen El Topo, which is a movie about a gunfighter trying to attain enlightenment. It completely blew my mind. If you look him up on Wikipedia (click on the title to learn more about him), you'll see he also does alot of other cool stuff. He reads Tarot cards and is a scholar of comparitive religion, both of which are things I see myself as doing at some point. He also almost made a movie out of Dune, which would have been cool but Hollywood sabotaged it because it was to French. I really should make a secret brotherhood of movie makers in Hollywood villains in a novel someday.
Anyway, what I really mean to say is El Topo, while freaking me out in some places, is one of my favorite movies. I think elements of it have worked there way into The Last Dance Revolution and probubly most of my other works too. So when they decide to write down all the people who I'm inspired by Alejandro Jodorowsky will probubly be high on that list.
Anyway, I have decided Alejandro Jodorowsky is know one of my favorite human beings. That's all I have to say.

No comments: