Thursday, August 30, 2007

Naos' Sestina to Helen

O Helen, I stand in awe of your beauty
You, O divine killer and slayer of men
For despite that I look upon you with love
That I will give unto you for eternity
O Helen, my lover, my only, my goddess
Beautiful, Ethereal, Immortal Helen

When we sleep I see you, O Helen
In my dreams were you become beauty
And fulfill your role as universal goddess
And are worshipped by millions of men
But you have chosen me to spend eternity
And in return I give you unconditional love

And you will get it, all my love
For you are my muse, O Helen
I could spend all of long eternity
In mere contemplation of your beauty
Away from the trappings of men
And worship you as a goddess

For truly you are a goddess
Yes, of death but also of love
both loved and feared by man
I sing your name, Discordia-Kali-Helen
In your divine and tantric beauty
From toes to forehead, eternity

represented in your flesh. Eternity
I say, for what else should a goddess
be, but the embodiment of universal beauty
and wisdom and strength and love.
That is what you are, my Helen
Why you are loved by all men

While you were created for The Man.
He did not know your soul was for eternity
And that he became unworthy of you, O Helen
No one knows of your identity as divine goddess
except me, and Helen I give you my love
Helen, the avatar of spiritual and physical beauty

For you are the avatar of true beauty, worked beyond the skills of mortal man
And I swear that for all eternity, I will give you my love
My Goddess, my angelic Helen

No comments: