Thursday, August 30, 2007

Helen's Sestina to Naos

Come to me. For you, I break down my barriers
Only for you would I open the doors of my soul
Burn it. Burn it all down. Turn me to a savage
Save me from the evil empire that brings death
And I will save you from loneliness, my love
Beautiful and mystic harbinger, whose name is Naos

Will you tell me my love, my only Naos
Did you learn to bring down politic’s dark barriers
And will you please tell me of metaphysics and love
You bring out the hidden romantic of my soul
It’s truly a relief from being the avatar of death
To lay down my arms, sheltered by you, the savage.

Savage. It has a negative connotation, the word savage
But you and I, we know better, don’t we Naos.
We have seen the civilized world, and it is death
They are trapped, fogged in shadows and behind barriers
I was once like that, till Father saved my soul
And I meet you, and learned to fly with your love

I celebrate, dance and sing in your love
Two of us, media atrocities, bohemian savages
I agree, we are united, emanations of the same soul
We are Helenaos. We are not Helen and Naos
Back and forth and in and out, till all barriers
are broken down, bringing on our symbolic death.

And then we rise, Phoenix-like from death
Both male and female, united by our love
Physical, emotional, spiritual, national and mental barriers
They all fall down to us, the eternal savage
You know I dream of this too, my Naos
I to long for the complete union of our souls

“But we truly are one in our souls.”
Said the mystic to the avatar of death
(I am the avatar. The mystic is Naos)
I say “I know, I know, my love.”
But there is still the infernal barrier
Preventing union, keeping us two savages

But at least we’re savages, with a heart and soul
You are a breaker of barriers, of the avatar of death
And for that I love you. I love you Naos.

No comments: