Friday, July 06, 2007

Forgot to post on the 5th. Sorry :(

Oh my God, I used a frowny internet face. What am I comming to?
Anyway, as the post says I failed to live up to my new goal of posting on the 5th, 7th, 19th and 23rd of each day of the month. I sincerly apologize, and promise that I will find something to post about tomorrow.
I just thought that I'd make a 23 watch. Every month I could post some new stuff I learned about the number 23, most likely on the 23rd. Gives this blog more of a purpose beyond being the place where I post all kinds of stuff for all to see. It could also show that I am getting more and more obsessed with a seemingly random number.
On the subject of Last.fm, I think it's been a pretty good deal. I've bookmarked a tag radio for 60's garage rock and Surf music, which is partially inspired by liseaning to Little Steven's Underground Garage (see link). I've also found out alot about new bands such as Aprodite's Child and.... well, Aphrodite's Child is the only one I've got so far, oh wait Curved Air. That band is pretty cool. Still, I'm probubly going to by the concept Album Aphrodite's Child did on the Book of Revelations, 666.
I've been thinking alot about the 1960's storyline. The way I see it the first really important novel is going to be about how the various characters try and create a new society, what with the fact most of them are drop-outs, where forced out or are wanted dead by there previous societies. The way I see it, I've got alot of people with verging world views. Here's a list of the kinds of people who inhabit the Commune or whatever it's going to end up.
  • Artists, this includes painters, writers, mucisians. People like Roland Morningstar and David Howl. I'm also thinking Moon is going to have some kind of artistic talent, probubly an actor as I don't have any of those in.
  • Off-beat and Radical Politicals, At the moment I've got one Trotskyist and a small group of Black Nationalists. Since the Trotskyist, Abraham Nakamura, comes in with the grand majority of Black Nationalists, they might have Communist sympathys. Probubly Abe's girlfriend is one of the Black Nationalists. Yeah, I like that idea.
  • Religious Seekers and Mystics, This would include various people in a spiritual crisis and the people who are not. Roland qualifies as a seeker, as do a lot of the characters on some level. Mystics would be the people who are already at a stage, and know more of what's going on then most of the other characters. This would be people like Are'do, Rachel, Yeshua and Sophia. On another level, Yeshua is also a seeker, but for way different reasons then anyone else.
  • Hippies, most of the characters are hippies or are at least very close. I think David is more of a beat really, which is why I dropped the "e" out of his last name. See Howl. Come to think of it, the story I'm writting about him shares many similarities to the poem.
Well, that's all I've got to write about. I'm going to stop writing this now for I have grown bored. I promise to write about something tomorrow though.

2 comments:

Steph said...

You didn't actually post on the 7th either... ;)

Dylan said...

Yeah, I know. I'm sorry.