Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Day off School

Today closes a major chapter in my life. I no longer need to get my back checked out at an out-of-town hospital. My curvy spine isn't going to get any curvier and I'm not in any serious pain. Looks like the sun is shining down upon me. However, now I won't be able to get time of school to go to used book stores and such.
Speaking of used book stores, I went to City Lights today and picked up some new books. The books were an Elric novel and a thing on the Samurai from the collection of some guy who had alot of similar tastes to me. Lots of paranormal, mythological and religious works. I also picked up Fly by Night, by Rush and a Greatest Hits thing by the Grateful Dead. I also ended up in a record store with my dad and picked up a CD from a band called Hawkwind. Hawkwind is a progressive rock band that Michael Moorcock worked with. It's kind of weird.
In other news, I may be getting a job at the Festival Theatre. I suppose that's a dead give away to which city I live in, but I'm still not telling you were. I don't know exactly what it entails, but I get my own office and I think I help with safety. Here's hoping they allow casual dress!
And that's it. Bye-bye.

4 comments:

Dylan said...

Okay. I don't have a CD with that song on it.

Dylan said...

Thanks.

Steph said...

"The trees" is still my favourite song by them.

Dylan said...

Still havn't heard it. I'll see what I can do.