Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Canadian Thanksgiving

While all you Yanks were out celebrating Colombus day, we Canadians got to eat turkey and stuffing. Alright, the only confirmed American reader is Steph. But Megan might be from the United States as well. Not that there is anything wrong with being an American. Americans are great people. Some of my best freinds are Americans.
Anyway, I got a nice three day weekend which envolved watching two movies. First, Lucky Number Sleven. It's basically something about prganized crime I thought would be amusing. It was okay, but I'm going to stick with science fiction and fantasy. That movie had some examples of a real bad side of humanity. The twists in the movie were pretty good though.
Second, X-men 3. I've heard some bad things about this movie, can't think of any mind you, but so help me God I loved this movie. It went into a places that you just can't go into in the comic books, i.e. kill of some of the main characters. You just can't do that in a francize this long. That's why I like comic books without the standard heroes, it's more surprising. Anyway, I loved this movie and I felt a sort of relation considering the mutant cure theme which I felt was similar to a cure for Autism in a few places. Hell, change the words around and you got the arguement right there.
And now, the Thanksgiving dinners. First one was at my Dad's parents. It was a pretty good dinner. Dad's mom delivers again. I remember talking about something with Dad's sister, what was it now? Ah, I can't remember. But I did get started on The Vanishing Tower by Michael Moorcock. I'm on five books. Currently taking president are One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest, by Ken Kesey and Wizard and Glass, by Stephen King (book IV in the Dark Tower Series). I'm also slowly working my way through The Two Towers and The Masks of God by Joseph Campbell. The Masks of God is a series documenting the development of human mythology. It was leant to me by one of my aunts.
The second one was more of a lunch. We went to my mom's brother's house. The stuffing was a little unusual, as the vegetables visible, it was still good. I bugged my mom's brother with alot of questions along the lines of "Do you have contact with any alien life forms?" and "Do you know anything about Rosslyn Chapel?" and "Do you know anything about a computer made in the 1940's by a secret cabal of superhumans to map the multiverse?" because he's a freemason. The only yes I got out of him was that he has been to other demensions, but that's only because he's a banker. We also watched a bit of Spaceballs, but the television got all screwy and I got bored with the movie rather quick.
Anyway, today in Health we played a game called Ultimate Chicken. It's like football only you chase a chicken and their's no physical contact. I won the winning goal and became Master of Chickens, which I emideatly told everyone I ran into, including a bunch of kids going to the science room who I heard say "Who was that? Why is he Master of Chickens? What does he mean by that?"
In Art I am working on a comic strip using plasticine figures. I made a plasticine Naos, a plasticine Ralph and a plasticine bunny I made in tribute to Matt Groening's Life in Hell. The plot I ripped of from a Frank Zappa song. It also includes refrences to the Dark Tower series and possibly the comic strip Krazy Kat.
And in English I get to read a Stephen King story. Huzzah.

4 comments:

Dylan said...

Okay. Just read Megan's bio. She's from the Northeastern United States. Two confirmed Americans reading my blog. Possibly soon to be one American and an ex-patriot.

Steph said...

Happy Thanksgiving writer. :) Can I have some turkey? hehe

Dylan said...

I try to work on that in my spare time.

Sean Carter said...

Hey check out this great Thanksgiving Blog today!!! It's got a list some amazing things you can do on Thanksgiving!!!!