Friday, August 11, 2006

Writer's Back

Hello. Did I say that I would post the minute I got home, because I didn't.
Well, the cottage trip was alot of fun. At first it was just me and my immediate family and no electricity. Canadians may have heard of that, but I don't know if Americans like Stepth knows that the power went out in Muskoka, which is cottage country.
Anyway, the power returned fairly quickly and we watched a movie called "Grizzly Man" about a guy named Timothy Treadwell who lived with Grizzly Bears in Alaska before being eaten by one. He is a really odd guy and it was fun using my knowledge of psychology to figure out what was with him. Basically, he needs the bears more then he needs them. It made me nervous, because I kind of related with him as I saw us as both having alot of difficulty with status quo society. It's not like I'm going to go live with bears or anything, but it kind of scared me that I may end up like that.
Anyway, I was able to go to a small book store while I was their where I bought the following books.
  • The Eyes of the Dragon, by Stephen King
  • The Shining, by Stephen King
  • A Voyage to Arcturus, by David Lindsay
  • The Bull and the Spear, by Michael Moorcock
  • The Sword and the Stallion, by Michael Moorcock
  • A Thief of Time, by Tom Hillerman

And that's all I feel like talking about. Goodbye.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey writer. Glad you're back. I am testing posting via blackberry.

Dylan said...

It works. Thanks, but next time could you use a name please.

Steph said...

The eyes of the dragon is a really really good book.

Dylan said...

thanks Steph. I didn't know you've read any Stephen King.

Steph said...

I really haven't actually. Just Thinner (which I didn't like) and The Eyes of the Dragon. One of these days I have to read the Dark Tower Series (at Leigh's insistance) but I have to find time first.