Friday, February 06, 2009

2, or Night Blogging Shouldn't Become to Much of A Problem


Sorry about the lack of postage recently, but I've been lazy. Anonymous, I read your comment and was touched. I hope your protests against the Chrurch of Scientology are going well.

Well, Thursdays as always are busy for me. Religious Studies, Philosophy, WoD and Social Activism. I'm really starting to loose interest in the WoD game. Mages are really annoying when you arn't playing one or another supernatural creature, especially when your character is your standard garden variety occultists, in which case they think your really pathetic. I wish we could go up against something like vampires, or werewolves for a change.
Also, I'm starting to think Hunter is my least favorite version of WoD rules. There's just something about being on the bottom end of the supernatural pecking order that dosn't help my enjoyment of fantasy. For awhile I've been thinking about setting up a Mage game, just because I've seen how the other people in my RPG group play Mage, and it just seems so, I don't know, not how I would do Mage. I think there is really room for really cool and weird stuff in Mage: The Awakening, like turn it into an Alejandro Jodorowsky movie. The thing is, I'm probubly going to be the only person that would get all the weird stuff. Consider the following...
NPC1: Welcome to the Consilium.
PC: Why is there a camel?
NPC1: Pardon?
PC: A camel, you have a camel beside reception.
NPC1: Yes. Yes, we do.
PC: Why is there a camel?
NPC1: (blank stare) Why shouldn't there be a camel? Are you feeling alright?
NPC2: It's alright, they've just awakened. They don't realize the Universe basically runs on symbolism.
NPC1: Oh, God. That's right. Takes me back to when I thought seeing a naked woman with a snake in each hand was impressive. My, how far we've
come.
So, yeah that would basically be my Mage campaign. Mind you, I'd work in a whole bunch of stuff about the Eternal Battle in the Supernal Realm and fighting the Seers of the Throne and stuff like that, but I'd do it in as esoteric a way as possible, because something in Mage: The Awakening tells me that that is the way Mage is supposed to be played.
In the University Department, I have a week to finish an essay on Arranged Marriage among Hindus in Canada. I've done little in the way of research, but I do have two sources, one of which is what appears to be a book bent on describing South-Asian Arranged Marriage in as complete a detail as humanly possible. I'm hoping my Mom and I can look over this tomorrow when I go home. By then I should have a thesis and the first paragraph done. It would also be nice if I could get the final paragraph done so I have some idea of where it will be going.
One of these days I also plan on sitting down and watching "El Topo" again. I can't remember when was the last time I saw it exactly, but I figure I should watch it again sometime. Probubly over Reading Week. It would be a personal thing, as this movie only really appeals to me. My sister Delila has some strange bias against Surrealism for some reason, she prefers Futurism which I find boring, mechanical and full of Facists. Surrealism has the potential to be more fun, even if Andre Breton was a bit of a dick.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad to see you are back and doing better. I wrote the comment about being concerned about you. I was just very confused on how to leave my name, but I am going to figure it out today. I found your blog during Holiday break and I have been reading ever since. I did go back and read earlier entries also.
About your essay, procrastination can sneak up on you. I have major problems with that. I hope your essay goes well.

Anonymous said...

Oh just for your info, I have left a few other anonymous comments in the past. Like the one about the tape recorder.

Yvonne

Dylan said...

Thanks. Nice to know more about my readers. Your concern for my essay is great, but since I've been home I'm really close to finishing it. That final bit on the conclusion is getting me.

Anonymous said...

I have my masters degree +9 and I absolutely HATE writing papers! For my last class I had a year to finish and I waited to write the paper until the last two weeks. My life would be easier if I wouldn't put things off until the last minute.

Yvonne