Saturday, February 28, 2009

The Importance of Finding A Waterloo Cafe

I've decided that today will be a day where I finally look into finding a cafe to frequent in Waterloo. The criteria for finding a cafe in Waterloo is simple, that it should provide cheaper services then Revel back home. I think that the one I am at curently, Cafe 1842, may be a good provider of this.
I don't really know why finding a cafe is important to me. I think it is part of my image as a writer, that I should hang out in cafes. I don't know if this is all writers, or just a certain kind of writer, but I feel that I am the kind of writer who should hang out in cafes. As such, there is a certain level of involvement in finding a cafe that one should frequent. I think Hemingway wrote a bit about that in "A Moveable Feast". I need to read that sometime.
The use of cafes is psychological though. I fear that it may have something to do with subliminal aspects of how a writer should act. I'm still consuming, I have bought a small hot chocolate, since my mother says that if I go into a cafe then I should buy something gull darn it. Well, I bought a hot chocolate, so that factor is taken care off. Still, is it a bad thing that I am consuming in the name that I look like a writer when I don't write enough? What is writing enough? Three pages of prose? One poem a day? I wrote a poem recently and while I'm here I'm going to type it up and send it around, see what everyone thinks. I'll probubly even manage something while I'm here. And mom, dad if your reading, don't worry. I do plan on doing stuff for English. I'm going to do a write up for Rebel Angels, and an outline for the Ginsberg essay.

No comments: