Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Tango Lessons

So as my readers should know if they care about my social life, I am taking Tango lessons after school at 6. My teacher is fellow student Max (not real name), or as I actually call him De Quincy. I call him De Quincy because he smokes tobacco out of an opium pipe. Since he's the kind of guy who read Confessions of an English Opium Eater, he gets the refrence. Actually, anybody who would smoke anything out of an Opium pipe would be aware of the refrence. If your not, Thomas De Quincy is a guy who smoked alot of Opium and wrote a book about it. This was all during the 1800's or something. Give me a second to check Wikipedia.(...). It was written in 1822.
So, in the Tango lessons, I am considered pretty good. I'm very proud of that. My partner is Max's girlfriend, which is a bit of a joke in the class as the Tango is a known as a sexually-charged dance. Today was pretty good, because I'm really starting to get the hang of the Tango. I told Max's girlfriend (let's call her Cathrine), that I wanted to get out of the loveless German marriage Tango we were doing. By loveless German Tango, I mean that she'd actually lean on my hip during the dip. Because of my poor muscle structure she leaned a bit herself. We did that a couple times. One time I really caught Cathrine off guard while dipping her. I was a bit disconcerted by this but she said it was alright and that I was doing good.
And that's all.

4 comments:

Alma de Diamante said...

Hey!
So you are a blogger too!
I'm dev agosbeatle, btw.
Tango lessons, great!
Here in Argentina Tango is like the National dance, if not so. So, good for you!
See ya!

Dylan said...

Hey, Agosbeatle. Nice to here from you. I didn't know you had a blog. I'm checking it out now.

Dylan said...

Saw your blog. I can't speak a word in Spanish though so I can't read it. I'm going to link to it anyways.

Steph said...

Glad your enjoying the tango lessons, writer. Sounds like fun. :)