Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Captains Log stardate hamafa#%7fa

I need two things done for tomorrow, the research for my Aristotle (no problem there. It's basically done) and my Halloween costume. This is going to be a little harder then I thought. I'm going to be Hunter S. Thompson, so I'll need a cigarette holder and sunglasses of some kind. I've already got a Hawaiian shirt and a hat to cover my hair (Hunter S. Thompson was bald). The idea is to get one of my pencils, cover it in paper and hope someone falls for it. I'm a little disappointed, but what are you going to do.
So the Animal Rights thing went well. I got a good mark, but the prize for best presentation went to Capital Punishment. Still, Cloning was the worst. That bit from The Island made no sense, I know the movie was about cloning but the scene they chose didn't work at all. Anyway, we ran out of time and I still don't know if I should become a vegetarian or a vegan or something. Still, I think the PETA may be a little nuts.
Well, Sunday I went to the Record Show with my dad and bought my very first vinyl album, In Search of Space by Hawkwind. I also picked up four new CDs and two movies. And now the official list.

  • In Search of Space, by Hawkwind. Vinyl.
  • The Resevoir Dogs Soundtrack
  • Tragic Kingdom, No Doubt. I got this last time but it was in very poor condition.
  • Billion Dollar Babies, by Alice Cooper. (We're not worthy. We're not worthy.)
  • Sex Mob does Bond. Jazz album of covers for Bond music. Pretty cool.
  • The Holy Mountain, by Alejandro Jodorowsky. I showed this at the Cartoon and Comic club but it freaked them all out. One guy noted that the dwarf with no hands or feet was "screwed for life," and many of them said they didn't know what was going on.
  • A documentary on Alejandro Jodorowsky that the guy who sold me Holy Mountain gave me for free since he saw I was a Jodorowsky fan.
And I saw Death Proof, which I will know talk about because I thought it was a pretty cool movie. If you don't like really violent pics with blood and limbs coming of you shouldn't watch it. But if you don't mind it, it's a pretty good flick. The basic story is about a guy called Stuntman Mike (Kurt Russel), who at first seems like a charming guy who used to be in the Stunt driving buisness. But when you really get to know him you realize that he's a sick, sick man who kills women with his car. We go through two groups of girls. Group One spend most of their time talking and stuff like that, and are then all killed by Stuntman Mike. Since this was a Tarantino movie the dialouge was pretty good and I really felt sorry for them when they died horribly. But then Stuntman Mike got his commupins when he tried to pull the same stunt (no pun intended) on Group Two, which was made up of a bunch of girls in the stunt buisness.
I've been noticing that Quentin Tarantino seems to have a pretty narrowed range as an actor. For those of you who don't know, yes Quentin Tarantino acts. I think. Usually he's a pretty ratty guy. In every movie I've seen him in he comes of at varrying degrees of some dirty disgusting guy who deals crack or something. Observe....
  • Resevoir Dogs. We don't get to see much of Tarantino's character Mr.Brown in this, but we do get the Madonna Speech. Nuff said.
  • Pulp Fiction, In this Tarantino's character, I think he's called Jimmy, is a down to earth guy who never the less has mob ties as Vincent(John Travolta) and Jules(Samuel L. Jackson), both take refuge at his house when Vincent really screws things up. One of Tarantino's less ratty roles, but he's involved in organized crime somewhere.
  • From Dusk till Dawn, Don't know much about this movie. Never seen it, but I know that Tarantino is a murder-rapist in it.
  • Desperado, Tarantino's character dosn't have a name in this, but he's involved in a drug deal. I also think that Rodriguez wrote the part in for Tarantino.
  • Planet Terror, Quentin Tarantino appears again in a Rodriguez film. In the credits he's called "Rapist."
  • Death Proof, appears as a bar tender, can't remember the character's name. Approachably ratty.
So why does Quentin Tarantino appear as a ratty guy? I think that's because he's a bit of a ratty guy in real life and he's not that good of an actor. Which is probubly why I'm basing Haikren's dialouge in my novel on Tarantino's speech patterns. Actually, in the mind that plays in my mind for the movie, Tarantino plays Harold/Haikren. I don't know how he'd think of that.
And that's all I've got for know. I need to look up some stuff for homework.

No comments: