Thursday, April 06, 2006

Five hundred years of Art History, Oy

I'm doing an essay in art and it's due tomorrow. The whole dang thing is due tomorrow. Well, I've got an extention because of my Individual Education Plan (IEP), I get an extention till Wednesday. I don't know if this is fair to the other kids, so I'm hoping that they don't read this blog. I'm going to try and get it done tonight though, or at least the rough draft.
The basic idea behind this essay is that I have to choose three different genres of art and write an essay on how they have changed from pretty much every art period between High Renaissance to Impressionist, so basically five hundred years. I find this entire procedure very frustrating and wish to end this whole thing soon.
I find life very frustrating because I have been given a lot of assignments and am doing more homework in one week then I usually do in a month. I'd like a little time out to do some work of my own, like short stories or coming up with an idea for a graphic novel. Sometimes I'd just like to go to a place were I can do things at my own pace.
Anyway, In Psychology, Sociology and Anthropology I am learning about rights of passage. Me and another kid from this class have been assigned with coming up with our own right of passage. It basically consists of going into the wilderness, staying there for a month and then killing the biggest animal you can find, kill it and bring in back to the tribe were there's a big party.
My mom's going on about something. I'm a little confused. I saw something cooking, so we can't be going out. Just got the information, Mom and Dad are going to a flooring store.

No comments: