Saturday, August 29, 2009

The Songbook of Naos Ben-David

My friend Kron's Internet is down, which makes me feel somewhat lonely. I've enjoyed many fine conversations with him over the MSN this summer, and my favorite coffee shop feels lonely and a bit overwhelming, to the point where I am know listening to Charlie Parker on my Ipod as you can see. I was trying to get the picture of Charlie Parker in, but my Ipod screen is too shiny.
Good news though, I've written a poem. Or it may be a song, it could be both, but it's mostly a song. I call it "Evangelism Blues," and it's part of a project I'm calling The Songbook of Naos Ben-David. Yes, I know I'm starting a new project. I'm always coming up with new projects. Short Story Anthologies, Poetry Anthologies, Series of Novels, Borges-inspired Encyclopedias, but this one I'm going to do. I actually plan on having a Songbook of Naos Ben-David published. I've already got it set in my mind, I always saw Naos as a sort of singer-songwriter and I figured that I might as well write the songs that he sings. Sure, this first one isn't going to be Naos' Blowing in the Wind, but I figured it was as good a place to start with as any. I'm going to write eleven or twelve more for the first album. Maybe I could also learn how to play guitar so I could write the notes. Or maybe that would just distract me. I could have someone else make the notes.
I also discovered a new website called Poets.org. I'd link to it, but my computer has been all bitchy since I downloaded Firefox. Just go to www.poets.org, it's got all kinds of great poets and poetry and articles and things. I'll probubly set up a link to it somewhere on my blog. It's a great website.

No comments: