Thursday, August 13, 2009

The Sinister Spectre of the Third Reich

It may be that in the past few months the Nazis have been more present in my internal life. I've been reading a lot of books that involve the Nazis in some way or another and it's been starting to eat into me. For one thing I stimmed for about a half hour because it's getting on my nerves so much. I think that a good part of this is the role-playing game, but over the last few months, starting from Winter I have been reading alot of books about the Nazis. For instance I've been reading "The Man in the High Castle," by Philip K. Dick recently, which is an alternate history novel where the Nazis won WWII. I've also finished up reading a book on Berlin in the 1920s, and watched the film "Cabaret" awhile back, both of these ending on the same bum note (The Nazis take over).
I've been trying to work the whole idea of what the Nazis are and why we're so repullsed by them, at least I was until I was completely unerved last night. Maybe I still am, but I really don't want to think about it right now. It's just at this moment I have been looking into this sort of thing for to long and I need a break. This is all just bothering me alot and I feel I need to excersize the Nazi demons around me.

No comments: