Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Aspergers Review

Yesterday Mom and I went to see some psychologists about an assessment I did awhile back. The assessment was basically something along the lines of checking to see how my Aspergers diagnosis was going and what I should do to concentrate on work. Well, I still have Aspergers Syndrome, but it also turns out that I have some, but not all, the symptoms of Attention Defecate Disorder. The psychologists also said that I should look over books and Internet articles about Aspergers Syndrome and ADHD, since it could help.
They also brought up that it may be a good idea for me to go on meds, just to help my low attention span. This could help me concentrate more, give me the ability to take notes and even help my writing. So far, I'm indifferent to all of this. The pros have already been stated, but the cons are that I'd be taking meds. My dad thinks it would be better to avoid the whole thing and try and concentrate on my own, but I've never really been that good on that because I'm distracted easily. Heck, I've been fiddling around on the computer while I was making this post.
The psychologists also gave me an assessment about my intelligence. I can't really remember most of it since I was a bit drowsy, but I am apparently have higher then average book smarts, but most of that is obscure knowledge. God, I wish I had a better memory of what they were talking about. I do remember that they said that I find "regular" society boring, which is true, and that I'm only good at things that interest me, which is also true. I also came off as particularly eccentric and socially unskilled by leafing through some books and at one point bringing up possible studies in Numerology.

No comments: