Saturday, April 14, 2007

Back from the Desert

So, right now I am (supposed) to be working on my feature article that is due real soon. I've got around three pages done so far, I need at least 20. I'm thinking that I should call my mom in to give me a hand on it. It's driving me crazy, apparently because I need to get more work done on it. I could easily have done this a month ago if this was worth anything, but it's not. I don't care about this project. I just look at it and think, I don't really care about this project. When I look at the short story I have to write I think, this is worth something, but I look at this feature article and think, this is just me vomitting. I don't care about this in any way. There is nothing deep and moving about it for me. It's a glorified information piece is what it is. I feel like this is a complete and utter waste of my talents. Thinking about it makes me sick.
Okay, I got that rant out of the way. So, know for the interesting story. You guys have to here this...
WRITER'S FUNNY STORY THAT REALLY HAPPENED!
Okay, It's 2 in the morning and I'm sleeping in bed, all very peaceful like. I'm beginning to feel something on me. I figure it's the fan, because I always sleep with a fan on, but then I realize it's furry when it brushes up agains my face. So I instantly wake up and it's my little sister's hamster, that has gotten out of it's cage in the attic and has crawled into my room and into my bed. Naturally I panic because I hate that hamster. I believe it's plotting against me and this incident only increases that belief. So I run out of my room and there's a big commotion. The hamster goes back in it's cage and I am now securing my door more.
There, I hope you enjoyed that. I wasn't when it was happening.
So, this blog has been long in the making. I've been working on it on and off for a few days now. At the moment I'm working the final touches at the library.
On the subject of my novel, I'm starting to wonder about the construction. Recently, I've been getting alot of ideas for scenes. For instance, I watched Resevoir Dogs last night and I had this picture of Helen with one of the guys who went Marquis De Sade on her during the early times of her life. For those of you who have seen the movie, yes it is a rip from the scene were Mr. Blonde cuts of the cops ear to "Stuck in the Middle with you." Helen however, having seane the movie opens it like this.
"Are you familiar with the works of Quentin Tarantino? Late Pre-Contact film maker, known for making very violent films. Didn't care much for the language, but the dialouge was pretty good once you got passed it. Well, apparently he would steal scenes from other movies and put them into his. I wouldn't know any of them mind you. You wouldn't mind if I put some tunes on would you?" Helen puts in some burned CD or something and "Stuck in the Middle with you," begins playing. She mimicks the little dance Mr. Blonde did, every once in awhile asking guy she's about to painfully torchure. "Guess what movie this is from?" She does this until she cuts his ear off, thens he says "Sorry, you are out of time. The answer was, Reservoir Dogs, starring Harvey Keitel, Tim Roth, Michael Madson, Chris Penn, Steve Buscemi and Lawrence Tierney. Directed by Quentin Tarantino." I can just really imagine Helen doing something like this.
Okay, that's all I can think of. Just wanted to add that I am doing fine.

4 comments:

Steph said...

Sorry about the hamster thing. Sorry even more that I laughed at the hamster thing. Hehehe...

And I know how you feel with the writing stupid things that you feel are pointless. If it's any consolation though, I have many many ideas for stuff I wanna write lately, but I just don't have the drive or motivation to do any of it. Kind of a bummer. In short, at least you're feeling up to writing the stuff you actually wanna write.

Dylan said...

thanks Steph.

ZZZZZZZ said...

Keep writing no matter what. Sometimes you have to write the most ridiculous things that seem very very pointless to you.... but the sooner it's done the sooner you get to write what you really want to write.

Dylan said...

Thanks Shelia