Saturday, December 05, 2009

Fun with Alternate History

I joined the Alternate History Discussion Group yesterday and so far I've put forth two alternate time lines. One, Hermetic studies remain a legitimate field of study that is not just limited to New Agers and Fringe people. The Second, Howard Philips Lovecraft assassinates President Calvin Coolidge. These are both for my amusement. The Hermetic one is more thought out, as I wanted to write a novel that would basically be something like William Gibson if William Gibson had worked under Numerology and Kabbalah. I call it Hermetpunk, or maybe Occultpunk. I prefer Hermetpunk.
I seem to be getting more and more into science fiction again. Ever since I started reading Philip K. Dick I thought, I should read some more science fiction. I feel like I'm getting back to my roots again. I'm also coming up with sort of science fiction stories, which I may go into at some point. Probably not though.
Also, update on the alternate history. The Lovecraft assassinating Calvin Coolidge turned into Lovecraft attempting to assassinate Coolidge and failing horribly. So far all it's done is eliminate the Cthulhu Mythos from the time line, and probably keep Coolidge from making any more public appearances for awhile. Which he didn't do much of anyways.
That's it for now. Bye.

No comments: