Friday, May 15, 2009

Job Search Update


Yesterday was a day of job searching, or at least dropping of resumes at various resturaunts. I think the main reasons I'm looking into resturaunts is that it was what my parents suggested. I'm a sucker for doing what my parents say. This is probubly a positive or negative trait depending on who you are. On the one hand, I could be living under my parents wings to much, but on the other end they do have good advise most of the time. Like "When your in a social situation, watch people and do what they do," or "Get out of my room, it's 2:30 in the morning."
Rowan, who is one of my older friends, gave me alot of ideas when we ran into each other. He's saying that since I'm so good at using words I should find a job with a newspaper or at City Hall or something like that. He also suggested that I hook up with one of those stores in town that sells bracelets and stuff and busk, which sounded cool but I think I'll try something else since I don't think it can get me to the kind of money I'd like. The paper ideas sound like a good idea. Rowan also said that I'm a really good wordsmith, which is nice because I was worrying about that.
Today, I am hanging out at Revel, not that I have anything I can buy food with or anyone to meet, but because this is the only place my laptop gets internet and I'm guying Itunes music. I'm trying to decide whether I should get a Tom Waits album or an Andrea Gibson album. On the one hand, I have alot of Tom Waits albums and nothing by Andrea Gibson, but on the other I really like this album, by Dad has it on vinyl and I like liseaning to it. But again, this album is available on vinyl, and I may be getting tired of it as it is. Also, I don't have alot of spoken word stuff, just two albums by Burroughs and an album of Kerouac that also features his bad singing. I could have bought both, but I also bought a Billy Childish album, since I have had my eye on that for a long time. I still don't know which one to choose, so I'm going to leave this blog and get back to that problem. See you folks latter.

No comments: