Monday, December 31, 2007

God Tells Me To Read Proust

So I've been having this strange desire to read Proust for awhile and I've decided to attribute it to God. I understand that Proust is a good writer so I imagine if I read it and figure it out then I could gain Proust's skills for my own. I will probubly start reading Proust next year, because I bought an omnibus edition of his first three books.
On the note of books that will change your life, I have finally finished reading The Invisibles and I believe it is now safe to say that my work will be influenced by Grant Morrison because I am 50% sure that it expanded my mind in some way. I suppose this is a good thing because I was looking for a right of passage or an initiation into Literary Shamanism (which I think I may have invented so it's going to be even more hard).
I'm going to go now, just wanted to update you on the situation here. Have a hap, hap, happy new year.

No comments: