Saturday, December 08, 2007

I was reading Adbusters and I began to think...

Are we finally screwed?
More and more kids are becoming depressed and cutting themselves, global warming is slowly killing us. Our leaders are old farts trapped in mind frames that are only going to get us killed and the rich-poor gap is growing. There's going to be some sort of big revolution in the western world if this keeps up, like the one they had in France.
I think I found out why Communism dosn't work, every communist society was based on the idea of Revolution. It's right there in the Communist Manifesto. Violent revolution dosn't get you anywhere, I give the French and Soviet Revolutions as examples. When the Second American Revolution comes, and it will come soon unless someone changes something quick, then we can kiss our closely guarded Western Freedoms goodbye. The Terrorists are not our real enemies, we are. And we need to do something to stop this, or I need to find a woman who I can stand being around for the rest of my life, find a secure and isolated cave, learn how to farm and rebuild the human race.
Becoming a hermit may be my best chance. Humanity isn't smart enough to avoid a revolution, we're all to stupid. Maybe I could try educating the masses so that they'll do something, but I don't see myself as this generations Timothy Leary or whatever, and I think Terrence McKenna already has that role. I need to find a way that will allow me to do my part in making humans smarter. The only way I feel I can do this is by writing. Maybe if I write the right stuff I could make people. Maybe I could do what Grant Morrison did with the Invisibles and make a megasygil that will somehow effect how people think and maybe make the world a better place.

No comments: