Monday, July 02, 2007

Canada Day, Aimless Wandering and Interactions with Friends and relatives

Well, Canada Day has come and gone and I think that I avoided it pretty well. I really don't like these kinds of celebrations, I just don't see the point in nationalism. It's not that I have any specific problem with Canada, I just find the entire thing somewhat annoying and disappointing in humanity. It's all part of my ultimate goal for us to join together into one happy family of men so we can create a Utopian society and thus live in a world I can understand.
On a happier note I went around town today, hoping to go to this coffee shop I went to awhile back. Unfortunately, it's been permanently closed and no one has bothered to take down the OPEN sign. Kind of annoying really. So I bought myself some fries and a coke and went to the Giant Squid instead, where I caught the last bit of a Japanese movie called Pitfall, and watched Desperado. I liked Desperado better because I didn't see that much of Pitfall, making it confusing. Desperado is a pretty cool movie, basically a sequel to El Mariachi which I saw awhile back. Steve Bushemi had a great monologue in it at the beginning. Really well written, great use of repetition.
Anyways, after that I ran into a friend I haven't seen in awhile. I'm not going to reveal her name because of my scrupples. She was Ruric's brother's ex-girlfriend, but she's engaged now to some other guy because Ruric's brother moved with Ruric. I hear there family is in ruff shape. On a more positive note I think I really bonded with them and we said something about getting together to play a game of D&D. I plan on getting my Mythania setting ironed out first though, so we can use that.
And on a final note, my sister Delila is on a Church thing in British Columbia. I don't know if she'll read my blog while she's there. She's kind of become a Church goer, baptized and everything. I think I'm slightly threatened by this. Either way, I feel the need to conrgagulate her on all the stuff he gets to do. Good on you girl.
That's all.

No comments: