Sunday, October 23, 2005

School, Lost Wallets, People Overload and A Hard To Find Movie

It was my Mom who made the mysterious blog. She wanted her own and I’m going to get her a new one so she doesn’t have to use mine.
On a sadder note I have lost my Library Card. I figure that I’ll have to bring all the books back, which is a shame because I got an essay that could have helped me with my Samurai essay.
In Comm Tech, we are making a commercial and I hate it. I believe that it can all be brought back to my partners in this project, who I sincerely believe are incompetent. First we couldn’t come up with an idea that wasn’t sexist (the product is high heal shoes). The teacher said that we couldn’t and I said I would think up one. Well, I wasn’t having that good of a day, so I cracked up and went home. The next day they came up with an idea, but I believe it lacks imagination. I have an idea that I believe will get a great mark, but I also know that those homophobes won’t take it because it would involve one of us wearing high heal shoes. (The idea being there so comftorble even men are wearing them)
I would like to say that I don’t know if these people are homophobes, but I’m just real angry.
It’s been a hell of a time this weekend. I’m surrounded by people, family but never the less people. Yesterday there was a family reunion on my mother’s side of the family. The food was great, but I spent most of the time around people. I was okay with it near the end, and there isn’t going to be as many people. It’s probably not going to be that bad.
I am also looking for the movie Mirrormask. The screenplay for Mirrormask was written by Neil Gaiman, who is one of my favourite writers. Steph, I wouldn’t be surprised if you already know about him, but if you don’t I recommend it. I suggest starting out with Neverwhere and Stardust to start, because it’s not as messed up as some of his other works. If you want to go straight in I suggest American Gods and the Sandman series. Sandman is a series of graphic novels. Anyway, no movie store in town is renting out copies. I’m a little ticked of by this.
Besides discovering Internet science fiction radio and then discovering I need membership or something to listean to it know, I have nothing else to say.

4 comments:

Steph said...

Hmm...I'm curious as to why you think I would know about him. Mainly because I've never heard of him, I don't think.

Secondly, I'm sorry to hear about your partners for your commercial project. But if you think one of them would be reluctant to wear high heels, why don't you be the brave one and wear them?

Also sorry to hear about the library card. That really sucks (though I hardly have to tell you that).

Dylan said...

First, Neil Gaiman is very big in the Fantasy genre and if you don't already know him I recommend yous stop whatever your doing, get one of his books and read it.

Secondly, One of the other kids said that he would have worn some high heal shoes but the reast of them said no.

Steph said...

Ah...okay

Goldie said...

Hi, I found your blog through another blog: http://badanimal6.blogspot.com/ I have a 12 (almost 13yo) son with AS and I also believe I very likely had it as a child/teen. I've been reading a lot on the subject lately so that was how I found your blog. I like Fantasy&SciFi as well (will definitely check out Neil Gaiman). My son is more into computers/programming and electronics. The only fiction he agrees to read so far are Terry Pratchett's Discworld books.

Long story short, I think you have a very interesting, thought-provoking blog. Can I please have your permission to link to it? Thank you.

PS. One kid agreeing to wear high heels is, imo, A LOT. To me it says that your idea is getting support. Will the rest of the team agree to help with the commercial if you or the other kid wear the high heels?